SOCIAL SWAPS FOR
YOUR NEXT PERIOD
When date night, girls’ night or just another Saturday night syncs up with your cycle, it can be hard to stick to your original plans. There’s nothing wrong with staying in, but your period doesn’t have to hold you back from being social.
Here are a few tips to make getting out of the house a little easier:
Prep for Going Out
- You’ve made up your mind that you’re still headed out? Great! Get the rest of your body on board. Use a hot compress to help keep symptoms at bay before leaving the house.
Friday Night with Friends
- If anyone’s going to understand how you feel, it’s this group. Put on your coziest pants so you can be comfortable!
- Headed to the movies? Steer clear of the buttery popcorn and choose healthier snack options, like a small box of yogurt-covered raisins or a soft pretzel, to avoid that bloated feeling.
- Instead of indulging in a soda or other sugary drink, opt for some water or sugar-free tea. Staying hydrated with the good stuff can help manage multiple symptoms of PMS.
Saturday Night with the Significant Other
- Hot date? Wear a comfy dress instead of pants. It will look like you’re making a lot of effort, but with pajama-level comfort.
- Set your own curfew! Getting eight hours of sleep per night can help you take control of your PMS symptoms, so end that date early enough to give your body time to rest.
Feel Fine for Gym Time
- Feeling bloated? Swap your fitted gym wear for a long, loose T-shirt and yoga pants.
- Go easy on yourself. Instead of a high-intensity workout, try something with a lower impact, like yoga, walking or body-weight training.
- Whatever you do, don’t skip that sweaty gym session. Exercise can improve your mood, cramps and other PMS symptoms.
Every Body’s Different
Keep track of your period. Start noting your symptoms, and potential causes that make them worse this month, so you can better understand the right swaps to make for you and your unique cycle.
See? Life doesn’t have to slow down just because your period shows up. Find the best product for you whatever you have planned, and get out there and enjoy the day !